Friday, February 24, 2012

colour

Happy Friday beauties!

Today's post is about embracing all colour and letting the black fade from your wardrobe. I know the thought of it can be terrifying - especially when all the fall/winter 2012 shows make blacks and greys look so appealing. I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to stick to this challenge, and yes, I will admit it's tough but definitely totally worth it!

The first thing I added to my rotation was a pair of coloured skinny jeans.

J-Brand Coral Jeans
My ideal outfit with this a pair of black wedge booties and a baggy black racerback topped with silver bangles and a chunky ring. It's a quick easy look that is still chic and still has a bit of an edge to it.


Shoes from Aldo!

My next big buy was a pair of red platform wedges for summer. I was really hesitant to purchase a pair of these stunners because I wasn't sure how to pull them off. However, I was convinced by a girl I saw rocking a pair at Ottawa Fashion Week this past week (where I was covering the final night for FAJO Magazine). They are comfy as hell and provide a sleek alternative to stilettos in the summer.

ASOS Green Polka Dot Sheer Shirt

If you can't bear the thought of wearing coloured jeans on your gams and the idea of a five inch heel doesn't get you as excited as I, you can always make a quick and easy change and pick up a coloured sheer blouse. With this, you can keep your black skinnies on and still embrace colour just in time for spring!

That's it for today lovelies! I am making a conscious effort to post again. I miss it and I let life take over (again). No more excuses though :)

xx Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment